For this week, I was the Process lead for our Ideation phase. So, in lieu of my blog, Bob Iger, former CEO of the Walt Disney Company, has some words on Disney fitting to our project.
What Constitutes Great Design In Streaming Services, like Disney+ Disney+ has been something I have been waiting for for a long time. Being a Disney fan, I knew inevitably that I would be a subscriber, regardless of the platform itself. However, I am not above being critical of this service. I do not think that Disney+ is perfect; nor do I think it's terrible. Looking at the blend of all streaming services, that I am familiar with, I think there are multiple features from each that I would sample from to create an ideal state-of-the-art design of a streaming service. I have organized this by identifying design principles and giving explanations of why I think they should be included. 1.Disney+'s Simple, Elegant Interface I read an article discussing Disney+'s purposive choice to keep it tidy and organized. Compared to Netflix, Disney+ does not show all of its content at once. It consolidates its content into separate categories, operating under the assumption that users kno...
To truly make this meaningful, I looked back at how my definition of wellness has transformed over time. Earlier in my life, wellness equated to how successful I was- I had very tangible and articulated goals of how I should be performing. Wellness was All A's, being a certain weight, spending a certain amount of time with others... This unforgiving mentality of wellness was a significant stress source for me when I did not meet these goals. Thankfully, I have had a significant transformation in my perception of what it means to achieve a healthy well-being. My transformation shifted from these very harsh goals to a more holistic approach, where I value feelings and intuition over my life. Transferring to William & Mary, I had to assume this approach to maintain a sustainable life. With that, here is my definition of well-being along with my model of well-being. Definition of well-being: To achieve harmony throughout one's life, each dimension of wellness acts and interac...
The Purchase: A Pair of Nike Free Metcon 3 Training Shoe Over the past few years, I have gotten more into weight lifting. I often shifted from different forms of exercise; so, I always bought shoes that were generalized in function. For example, I wanted a shoe that would be comfortable to run in, play tennis in, and maybe a light hike. However, as I identified lifting as something I found a lot of joy in, I wanted something more tailored to that. Eventually, I bought the Metcon 5 training shoe. The sole was very thin and I found when I did my cardio workouts that it was not very kind to the arches of my feet. I realized I had over-committed to weight liftings' ideal shoes. Consequently, I started to look for a shoe that had more support but still was suggested for lifting and training. Metcon 5 After having a better understanding of what I wanted, I researched to find the match. This led me to the Nike Free Metcon 3 Training Shoe. My parents bought them for me as a holiday gift. ...
Comments
Post a Comment